Lead PHP Developer
We’re looking for a Lead PHP Developer to join our growing team in our Gateshead office.
As the Lead PHP Developer, you will mentor a team of smart engineers that work across several industry-critical products that are used across the railway industry and as part of a growing business, you will be empowered to bring your unique perspective and expertise to the advancement of our products.
The purpose of this role is to develop high quality, safety-critical software that is crucial to operating key national infrastructure. Pretty cool stuff!
The On-Trac development function isn’t siloed, you’ll be working closely with testers and project managers, collaborating as one single team for an effective project delivery. Our teams are made up of engaging, smart and analytical thinkers who love to solve complex problems. Working in an open environment that promotes transparency and knowledge sharing.
Linux (RedHat, CentOS and Amazon Linux 2)
- Innovate and develop our safety-critical software solution
- Mentor a team of up to 6 Engineers, collaborate and review their development skills
- Create an efficient working environment where everyone can input their ideas and problems solving skills
- Communicate effectively between your team and upper management to deliver an effective SDLC.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of our products
- Review and analyse business requirements, develop product and platform solutions to extend and enhance our business model & product offering.
- You will guide your team to develop high quality automation test scripts to improve test coverage, product quality and time to market.
- Assist in identifying product and process weaknesses and possible refinements in an environment of continual evolution and improvement.
- Analyse system and production defects, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Learn from industry specialists and apply best practices to further match our customer needs
- Keep up to date with technical trends, tools and methodologies, undertake research as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills, to include time management and planning
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and to work as part of a team
- Willingness, ability to self-learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and working practises
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, and committed to good coding
- 5 plus years solid PHP experience
- LAMP stack
- PHP frameworks Laravel OR Symfony
- JQuery, Bootstrap,
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Comfortable with Jira and GIT version control system
- Normalised SQL database design, strong experience in MySQL
- Knowledge of building and consuming REST API
- Comfortable with cloud computing service (AWS preferred)
Exposure to ReactJs projects.