We are looking for an experienced PHP developer, with a strong desire to build quality software to join a team of smart engineers that work across several industry-critical products that are used across the railway industry.
The purpose of this role is to develop high quality, safety-critical software that is crucial to operating key national infrastructure. Pretty cool stuff!
The On-Trac development function isn’t siloed, you’ll be working closely with testers and project managers, collaborating as one single team for an effective project delivery. Our teams are made up of engaging, smart and analytical thinkers who love to solve complex problems. Working in an open environment that promotes transparency and knowledge sharing.
Linux (RedHat, CentOS and Amazon Linux 2)
You’ll be a part of a project led, full-stack, creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing, and launching across multiple projects. Taking an active role in the agile process, you will be responsible for maintaining the codebase and delivering new features across all products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills, to include time management and planning
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and to work as part of a team
- Willingness, ability to self-learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and working practises
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, and committed to good coding
3 years, commercial software development experience
2 years PHP experience
Knowledge of PHP frameworks (Symfony, Laravel etc)
Knowledge of MySQL
- Any exposure to Test driven development and CI/CD
- Any experience with Serverless cloud setups
- Any experience with Agile