We’re looking for an Automation Tester to join our growing team in our Gateshead office.
As an Automation Tester, you’ll be using the latest tools and technologies to execute testing across multiple interesting and challenging projects. Working to ensure that our product is delivered at the highest quality for our clients. You’ll be testing across a variety of projects including testing on multiple browsers and devices, ideally within a highly regulated industry from conception to go live.
The OnTrac testing function isn’t siloed, you’ll be working closely with developers and project managers, collaborating as one single team for an effective project delivery. Our teams are made up of engaging, smart and analytical thinkers who love to solve complex in an open environment that promotes transparency and knowledge sharing.
Our Test Tools & Technologies
Selenium, Java, BrowserStack, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, Confluence, JIRA
Windows, Android, iOS.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and develop automated test scripts
- You will be an experienced Automation Tester (Selenium WebDriver with Java) capable of setting up and being responsible for the running of the automation.
- Analyse software requirements and ensure clarity of understanding.
- Design, develop and execute detail orientated test sets and scripts.
- Understand the goals and real-world application of the Test Strategy.
- Define software features, with the assistance of Dev and product owners and define test scenarios within those features.
- Design test scenarios based on project documentation.
- Test software releases by executing assigned tests.
- Report defects to the required standard to the Test Lead and raise them using standard defect tracking tools
- Provide inputs to both the test and development teams to improve the test process.
- Report test progress against schedules (planning and execution)
- Provide test summary reports reflecting test outcomes.
- Communicate with Developers, Project Managers, and customers, where required
- Keep up to date on the development technology, the popular testing tools, and the business domain.
- Work in a growing, autonomous team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills, to include time management and planning
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and to work as part of a team
- Willingness, ability to self-learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and working practises
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, and committed to a career in testing
- As a tester, you are meticulous and passionate about what you do
- Automation testing: 2 years minimum Automation Test experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation certification
- Selenium Webdriver